Topic: What are some causes of type 2 Explore more about diabetes.
Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes:
This type of diabetes is believed to have a strong genetic link, meaning that it tends to run in families. If you have a parent, grandparent, brother, or sister who has it, your chances increase. Several genes may be related to type 2 diabetes. Here are the more risk factors of type diabetes:
- Gestational Diabetes at the time of pregnancy
- Heart disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Being Overweight
- High Alcohol intake
- You are above 45 years old.
- High cholesterol
Complications in Type 2 Diabetes:
Type 2 diabetes affects many major organs including your heart, blood vessels, nerves, eyes and kidneys. Also, it is the factor that increases the risk of diabetes are risk factors for other serious chronic diseases. Some potential complications are:
- Kidney disease. Diabetes may lead to chronic kidney disease or irreversible end-stage kidney disease, which may lead to dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Heart and blood vessel disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes can increase the risk of serious eye diseases, such as cataracts and glaucoma.
- Hearing problems are common in type 2 diabetes.
- Sleep apnea is a common disease in people living with type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes seems to increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other disorders that cause dementia.
- Slow healing of wounds & cuts.